Hilde Hemmes Swedish Bitters 120 Capsules
The Swedish Bitters formula has existed in many different forms and with different names for hundreds of years.
Its recipe disappeared after the death of the great medical reformer Paracelsus (1493-1542) and stayed lost for several hundred years - probably only existing in the diaries and medicinal recipes of the learned.
In the 18th Century, Swedish physician Dr Claus Samst rediscovered the formula through a family tradition and recorded it as we know it today.
Dr Samst compiled a manuscript describing the many ailments for which Swedish Bitters can be used. This manuscript is referred to as the 'Old Manuscript' and can still be found in many books today.
Dr Samst himself lived to be 104 and finally succumbed, not to the ravages of old age, but as a result of a fall while horse riding!
Swedish Bitters is a western herbal medicine traditionally used for the relief of indigestion symptoms such as, heartburn, reflux, abdominal discomfort and flatulence.
An ideal bitter food supplement to complement our diet.
Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product help maintain regularity with their scientifically-proven laxative action.
Each vegetable capsule contains dry:
* Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin powder 33.33 mg
* Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root powder 16.665 mg
* Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome powder 38.092 mg
* Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style powder 664.437 mcg
* Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) powder 4.762 mg
* Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome powder 38.092 mg
* Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) powder 4.762 mg
* Black Cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) powder 4.762 mg
* Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit powder 4.762 mg
* Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root powder 33.33 mg
* Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf powder 33.33 mg
* Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin powder 21.427 mg
* Aloe ferox (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice powder 33.33 mg
* Non-active Camphor 33.33 mg.
*these ingredients are also known as theriac.
Features / Benefits
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
* Easy-to-swallow capsule with no unpleasant taste.
* Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
* Capsule shell made from vegetable origin - suitable for vegans and vegetarians.