The liver is a vital organ that performs many important functions and plays a key role in detoxification, metabolism, and digestion ? it?s the body?s refinery!
St Mary's thistle is the most extensively-studied liver remedy in western herbal medicine. Not only has the active constituent (silymarin) been well-studied, but the product itself has been involved in countless, successful clinical trials. Its primary role is to protect the liver against potentially harmful chemicals, especially alcohol.
Studies have shown that it supports the regeneration and detoxification of the liver and maintains normal liver function.
I have included an alcohol-free St Mary's thistle extract in my product range for those who wish to abstain from alcoholic preparations.
Clinical studies have shown that St Mary's thistle has a protective effect against many types of chemical toxins (including alcohol).
Besides detoxifying the liver, it helps stimulate the growth of new liver cells, and also promotes liver regeneration. As an antioxidant it decreases the risk of liver cell damage attributed to harmful chemicals and free radicals.
Each 10 mL dose contains Silybum marianum extract equivalent to dry seed 5 g.
Features / Benefits
* Alcohol free.
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
* Liquid extracts are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
* Ideal for people with poor digestion.
* Mix with your favourite fruit juice or herb tea.