Hilde Hemmes Horse Chestnut 60 Capsules 1500 mg
Horse chestnut is a native of the Balkans and was used for treating horses that were "broken winded" - hence its name.
Clinical trials have determined that Horse chestnut is one of the best herbal ingredients for the relief of varicose veins and associated symptoms. Studies have shown that it helps protect the integrity of veins and strengthens vein walls.
It is one of the most prescribed herbs by doctors in Europe, particularly Germany. Its unique action is mainly due to the component 'escin' that has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant actions (in vivo). Clinically, escin has shown to maintain the health of capillaries.
Horse chestnut has a toning and strengthening effect on vein walls as it improves blood flow to the legs. Many clinical trials have shown that its vascular-tightening effect makes it suitable for the symptomatic relief of varicose veins and varicose ulcers.
Horse chestnut assists in the management of aching legs, and the swelling, tension, puritis (itching) and cramps in the calves associated with enlarged varicose veins.
Take horse chestnut regularly to temporarily alleviate pain while walking (associated with poor circulation in the legs).
Each capsule contains standardised extract equivalent to dried Aesculus hippocastanum seed 1.5 g equivalent to saponins calculated as escin 50 mg.
Features / Benefits
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
* Easy-to-swallow capsule with no unpleasant taste.
* Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, lactose.
* Capsule shell made from vegetable origin - suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
* Standardised to guarantee potency.